Translation Agency Vienna ǀ Connect Translations Austria GmbH is certified according to the ISO 17100:2015 quality standards for translation services. You can find a copy of the certificate here.
ISO 17100 – advantages for clients
- Clear service agreements
- Guaranteed traceability
- excellent technical and administrative preparation for each project
- comprehensive quality management system and project management
- transparent and complete documentation of the entire process from handling requests to the completion of the project
- Quality assurance
- consistently high quality translations through compliance with strict quality standards when assigning translators and proofreaders (with regard to training, experience, ongoing training, linguistic and textual competence, cultural competence, etc.)
- strict compliance with the what we call the Four Eyes Principle, whereby the language and content of every project are checked by skilled proofreaders
- the use of the most up-to-date technology and processes according to certification standards
- the sustainable improvement of our services through continuous evaluation (every two years our services are subject to an audit where our certification is renewed)
Standard requirements for our translators and proofreaders
(Free according to the official, German-language version of the ISO 17100:2015 certification)
- Translation competence: That is the ability to translate texts according to the linguistic conventions of the target language and the project’s relevant specifications.
- Linguistic and textual competence in the source and target languages: Linguistic and textual competence denote the ability to understand the source language and to master the target language. Textual competence requires knowledge of the conventions of a potentially wide range of general and specialized texts, as well as the ability to use this knowledge when producing texts.
- Research competence, information acquisition und processing: This denotes the ability to efficiently acquire the additional linguistic and specialized knowledge that is required in order to understand the source text and to produce the target text. As well as experience using research tools, it also requires the ability to develop suitable strategies for using available sources of information efficiently.
- Cultural competence: Cultural competence is the ability to correctly convey information according to the linguistic, cultural, specialist and geographical conventions of a particular target group.
- Technical competence: Technical competence is the ability to use technical resources and IT systems, including CAT tools such as memoQ and Across, when working on translation projects.
- Subject area competence: Subject area competence is the ability to translate specialized content from the source language into the target language using an appropriate style and terminology.
- Our translators must meet at least one of the following requirements: a recognized qualification from a higher education institute in the field of translation; comparable training in another specialist area with proof of at least two years of translation experience; proof of at least five years of professional translation experience
- Proofreaders must have the same skills as the translators and have additional translation experience in the relevant subject areas.
- Specialist reviewers must demonstrate the necessary specialized knowledge in the target language.
- Providers of translation services must ensure that necessary, professional skills are continually honed and updated.
Links for the subject of certifying translations
- The full ISO 17100 text on the certificaton for “Translation services – requirements for translation services” is available at Austrian Standards Institute.